Registration is now OPEN for my new, updated class based on my book. Here are some comments from past students who participated in the 2-day version of the class at the recent OWASP AppSecUSA 2013 conference in New York:
- I learned more in 2 days than I would have in weeks on my own. The class was definitely worth it. Ryan Barnett is a great educator, and an amazing security resource.
- It will take me some time to process all of the valuable information and am glad I was able to walk away with his book!
- I liked learning about different threats to a web application and how I can see them. I liked that the class had extensive labs, and some higher level content.
- I enjoyed the hands on labs and the self paced nature of the entire course.
- I’m glad I chose your class instead. The material was presented clearly and it was great working through the examples with you available for answering questions. I was really happy with the ratio of lecture to labs. It gave us a good amount of hands-on time. Also, besides having the book as a take-away, we had VMs to look at and work through once back at our office. I can immediately put to use what I learned in the class. My only issue was having the length of the class be only 2 days. I would assume it was a constraint of the conference schedule. If it class could be expanded to 3 or 4 days, it would be fantastic. I really appreciated your relaxed teaching style and eagerness to answer our questions.
Hope to see you all in Las Vegas!